Over the last few days I was visiting Bordeaux France, on a three day business trip, I had never been to Bordeaux before so I was very excited! What I’ve decided to do for this blog post is do 5 observations that I noticed while being there;
1) A sense of individuality; Something I noticed in particular was the great sense of individuality, it doesn’t matter if you were a a waiter, CEO or Hotel manager you were proud of who you are, which really struck out to me.
2) The fashions; Now it doesn’t matter where you are in the world there are always fashion styles based on their culture, but the french have their own style all together, I found it quite unique, everyone looked so different with their own style, separate from the next person.However, there was something unusual though, there was a type of fashion which looked very alternative/ punk but they all seemed to have dogs.. every single of them ahah!
3) The Food; The french know how to eat! I will tell you that, a meal isn’t just a sit down, grab some food and eat it as quickly as possible, they treat it as an event. You take your time to appreciate what you have been given. I absolutely loved the food out there and had the opportunity to try some new foods I had never tried before.
4) The Architecture; The buildings in Bordeaux are amazing, the architecture is to precision point. If you look at the pictures below you will see what I mean, I loved the way they don’t just knock old buildings down and plow the way for a new one, they preserve them and work on them. On one of the days I was lucky enough to go visit one of their cathedrals, so beautifully built, you can see the pictures of it below.
5) Mixing modern and Old; Naturally as a country grows they adapt to their surrounds and make sure they are keeping up with modern day era. Something the was interesting was that they would have these very old buildings, integrated with very modern trams. I don’t know why but it fit perfectly. It didn’t seem like they were forcing it.
Overall it was a fantastic trip, definitely somewhere I’m going to have to visit again. I met some fantastic people and really enjoyed myself. Tweet me @mrjamesvincent or see my instagram @james.vincent