Best Valentines Day Facts:
Now before we kickstart this lovely post on the best facts about valentines, make sure you follow me on twitter @mrjamesvincent to check out all the valentines day news! If you’re reading this and you’re now thinking, ‘I’ve forgotten to buy my other half a present this year, don’t despair click my present guide here!
So Valentines day is an interesting day, it can showcase your love for someone else and make you feel all romantic or you hate the day, due to a bad experience or you don’t have boyfriend or girlfriend. Well don’t worry pass the time with these awesome facts.
- The most popular theory about Valentine’s Day origin is that Emperor Claudius II didn’t want Roman men to marry during wartime. Bishop Valentine went against his wishes and performed secret weddings. For this, Valentine was jailed and executed. While in jail he wrote a note to the jailor’s daugter signing it “from your Valentine”.
- In Victorian times it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine’s Day card
- Based on retail statistics, about 3 per cent of pet owners will give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets.
- About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year
- If you’re single don’t despair. You can celebrate Singles Awareness Day (SAD) instead.
- Meant as an alternative to Valentine’s Day, the holiday is for single people to celebrate or to commiserate in their single status.
- Many believe the X symbol became synonymous with the kiss in medieval times. People who couldn’t write their names signed in front of a witness with an X. The X was then kissed to show their sincerity.
- Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day in the late 1800s.