Good morning all,
Well its 8.49am here, it is the time that a large percentage of people are up, getting ready for work, drinking that very very very large mug of coffee to kick start their day into gear.
Now some people depend on coffee more than others, I wouldn’t say that I’m addicted to coffee, but I do LOVE it. Its just great in the morning, wake up, have that first cup of the day and you feel untouchable ;p
Well let me tell you abut some crazy facts about coffee that you probably didn’t know!
Legend has it a 9th-century Ethiopian goat herder discovered coffee by accident when he noticed how crazy the beans were making his goats.
- Coffee beans are actually the pit of a berry, which makes them a fruit. ( So technically, you are eating fruit which is healthy)
- You can actually O.D on coffee, The lethal dose of caffeine is roughly 90-100 cups of coffee, so don’t do that.
- New Yorkers drink almost 7 times more coffee than other cities in the US ( which is crazy)
- Coffee is a psychoactive. And at high doses it can make you see things… It can also kill you…
- The French philosopher Voltaire is said to have drank 50 cups of coffee a day. He just didn’t care, he did what he wanted!
- In the 1600s there was a controversy over whether or not Catholics could drink coffee, luckily Pope Clement VIII said it was okay!
- Hawaii is the only state in the U.S. that commercially grows coffee.
- No matter what people tell you, caffeine cannot help you sober up. There have been so many stories that coffee sobers you up, it doesn’t…
- Irish coffee was actually invented to warm up cold American plane passengers leaving from Ireland. Looks like I’m going to Ireland.
- Teddy Roosevelt is and was the greatest American coffee drinker, consuming a gallon a day. But you probably shouldn’t attempt to do that.
- Espresso is regulated by the Italian government because it is considered an essential part of their daily life. They do love their coffee.
- In the ancient Arab culture there was only one way a woman could legally divorce: If her husband didn’t provide enough coffee.
- A French doctor in the 1600s suggested Cafe Au Laits for patients, inspiring people to begin adding milk to coffee.
- Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth.
- In Italian espresso means “when something is forced out.”
if you have any other questions tweet me @mrjamesvincent