A password will be e-mailed to you.

Grapefruit – The Debate:

Well after a few particular girls on my twitter have been asking again and again I’m finally writing up a post about grapefruit. Just talking about the fruit. So here it goes;

Now I love grapefruit, I’m not going to lie it is on my favourite fruits, however, its a bit fiddly, to eat grapefruit takes time, it’s not the type of thing I usually have throughout the week, but if I have the time I will definitely eat it. Now for some people, grapefruit is a love hate relationship, some people love that bitter taste while others look at it with disgust, which are you?

Now this particular fruit, has a weird history. People believed that the name refers to the manner in which grapefruit grows in clusters on a tree. Which is interesting, I never actually knew that! 

This particular fruit is also packed with loads of goodness it is. an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids) and vitamin C. It is also a good source of pantothenic acid, copper, dietary fiber, potassium, biotin, and vitamin B1. it also contains phytochemicals including liminoids and lycopene.

FACTS:

  • This lovely fruit is believed to be a hybrid of the pomelo with the sweet orange.
  • Each glass of 100% juice gives your body a full serving of fruit with no added sugar.
  • Roughly 40 percent of the sweet fruit is harvested each season are used for juice. The other 60 percent are sold as fresh grapefruit.
  • One acre of a grove can produce some 400-700 boxes of grapefruit. 700 boxes of grape fruit weigh in at almost 60,000 pounds.
  • In a productive year, a single grape fruit tree can generate 1,300 to 1,500 pounds of fruit.

So its good to hear that this single fruit is so healthy for you! And with loads of packed benefits for your body, you can’t really go wrong, so go out today and buy yourself some of this lovely fruit!

Have a great fruit filled day,

James