How to Motivate Yourself to Do Anything!
Good morning all!
Hope you are all having a good productive morning, its time to motivate yourself
Today I’ve decided to do a post to keep everyone motivated, and to make sure you’re pushing yourself more and more everyday! to Motivate Yourself to Do Anything
1. Do something… ANYTHING! It can be from the smallest task, but make sure you are always keeping your brain active and getting it into gear! The hardest part is actually getting started, taking that first step into doing something!
2. Take one step at a time. Make sure you are not doing to many things at once, if you have heard of the saying ‘Divide and Conquer’ it means to split working correctly. Making big tasks into smaller ones. Focus on completing one thing at a time. Never rushing but never stopping, getting things done the right way.
3. Stay positive. It’s practically impossible to get motivated when you’re down in the dumps. To shake that bad mood, turn on your favorite music, pull up the window shade and let the sun shine in or go for a short run or walk. You’ll feel much more productive once you get your juices flowing.
4. Ask a friend for help. You know the saying: two heads are better than one. Well it’s true. Besides, you might find that your friend is in need of a little motivation, too. Sometimes just knowing that you’re not in it alone can be very motivating.
5. Talk about it. Talk therapy is cheap and it’s a great way to get fired up about something you want or have to do. It also makes you accountable, which means your friends will expect you to follow through. Tell as many friends as you can about what you’re trying to accomplish and ask for their encouragement.
6. Visualise the outcome. Imagine what will happen if you never pursue your personal passion…if you keep putting off writing that paper…if you never take a minute to get to know that cute guy or girl in your math class. Now imagine what will happen if you do. Linking negative outcomes with not acting and pleasurable outcomes with taking action is a standard motivational technique. See if it works for you.
7. Make sure the tank is full. I’m not meaning your car… I’m meaning your body and brain! We all know a packet of crisps, some chocolate and a large costa would keep you going. However, that only improves energy I’m talking about energy that lasts and keeps you going throughout the day! So regular exercise, a good nights sleep and not too much sugar… We don’t want you bouncing of the walls!
8.Reward yourself. You know you’re going to feel really good about yourself when you finally achieve what you’ve set out to do. But in the meantime, set a few progressive goals and reward yourself when you reach them with something you’ll really enjoy—like some new iTunes, a brand new shirt or a night out with your friends, it doesn’t have to be a huge reward but something that you know you deserved!
8. Dress for success. We all know if you look good you feel good. So make sure you are dressed well. How you look will naturally affect your mood, its like what colours you wear match what you are trying to achieve like red for power or orange of intelligence. Even better if you have a lucky shirt or tie to make you feel even better!
I hope you enjoyed this post and it motivates you to be the best the possible version of yourself you can be!
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ”
― Walt Disney Company – How to Motivate Yourself to Do Anything!
Have a great day,