Pancake Day Facts That Will Blow Your Mind:
So its Pancake day, that one day of the year that you can indulge in as many pancakes as you like and not feel guilty at all! Thats a pretty good day. Now before I start these mind blowing facts, make sure you head over to my twitter and give me a follow! After you have eaten all the pancakes and feel like you need to detox head over to my health section to make you feel better ahah!
1. The first recorded pancake ever to take place was in Olney, Buckinghamshire in England in 1445, thats a long time ago!
2. The first pancake recipe appeared in an English cookbook in the 15th century. And it’s a tradition that continues all over England. We have been doing it ever since! And this tradition even carried over seas.
3. The largest number of pancakes tossed in the air in the smallest amount of time was 349 tosses in two minutes, which was achieved by Dean Gould in Felixstowe, Suffolk in 1995. Who’s going to beat it next?
4. The longest race in the quickest time was held in Melbourne, Australia. Jan Stickland covered 384m in 59.5 seconds on 19 February 1985.
5. The largest pancake that was ever made, then tossed in the air measured a whopping 15.01m wide and 2.5cm deep, it total it weighed 3 tonnes, that a lot of pancake
6. I bet you won’t know this pancake day fact, did you know that maple syrup was actually a sweet drink once upon a time. It was discovered by the Algonquin Indians who collected sap from Canadian sugar maple trees and then boiled to produce the delicious beverage.
7. Taking the easy way to make your pancakes is not a new thing. The first ready-mix food which was sold commercially was Aunt Jemima pancake flour. It was invented in 1889 in St. Joseph, Missouri. It wasn’t very popular at the beginning.
8. Pancake Tuesday is known as Carnivale in Italy which comes from the Latin for ‘goodbye to the flesh’. That must mean because people burn themselves when they make them…
9. Pancake day is awesome, it is statistically a great day for families to be brought closer together.
If you have any other great Pancake day facts comment them below,