Let talk about suit rules,
I hope you are all having a good afternoon, today I’m going to talk to you about some unspoken Suit rules all you men need to know! You can’t just go out and buy the first suit you see and expect to feel and look amazing! Follow these rules and you will look definitely make heads turn!
1. The width of the tie should match the width of the lapel, this is such a simple rule, that a lot of people forget! It looks incredibly awful is your pin is wider than your tie, make sure it fits. < This is a big suit rule.
2. A pocket square adds an extra level of polish, but make sure it doesn’t match your tie in either pattern or fabric choice. Your pocket square is meant to be an accessory, to stand out but not over powering.
3. When buying an off-the-rack suit, the number one thing to check is how the shoulders fit, you see this all the time, people buy suits, but their jacket is either to wide or too small, its got to fit comfortably on the shoulders.
4.A collar gap between your jacket’s lapels and your shirt’s collar can signify an ill-fitting jacket.
5. Your belt should be fairly thin and the same color as your shoes. Don’t go for an oversized belt, with a huge belt buckle.. Keep it simple keep it clean.
6. You should match your shoes to the color of your suit! There are exceptions like, blue suit can go with brown shoes, but best thing to do is google it, if you feel it doesn’t look right then it isn’t right to wear! < Great suit rules
7. Always unbutton your suit before sitting down, or you risk ruining it. It’s not just simple etiquette, if you sit down with it buttoned up it can stretch the suit or rip it.
8. Always go with the classic windsor knot for your tie, but use the size of your head to determine whether you should go half or full windsor. Unless you are feeling very adventurous or there is a special occasion, don’t just go to the average meeting with a Eldridge Knot…
9.Sleeve cuffs should be exposed about half an inch.
10. Make sure that your socks are long enough that there’s no exposed leg when sitting down. It’s an old school rule that will never stop!
11. Your tie should JUST reach the waistband of your trousers, or be slightly shorter. This is not high school, where you see kids walking around with a 3 inch tie.. Keep it smart, don’t look like a fool. < This is also as huge suit rule.
12. If you sweat a lot, wear an undershirt. You never know when you are going to have to take off your jacket, and the last thing people want to see if huge sweat patches, an undershirt prevents that!
Hope you follow these rules, and if you don’t I think its time to change!